About Metabolic Medical Centers and Weight Management Centers in South Carolina
Our wellness coaches at Metabolic Medical Centers offer accelerated medical weight loss programs, Whole foods weight loss programs, Teens and young adults programs, and more! We serve Columbia SC, Murrells Inlet SC, Mount Pleasant SC, West Ashley SC, Bluffton, SC. Call us or request an appointment!
Twenty years ago, a physician had a vision. The late Dr. Douglas J. Jones, Jr., M.D., saw a need for South Carolina to have a carefully designed, personally tailored weight-loss program.
Taking his specialized knowledge in obesity, diabetes, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, and weight management, Dr. Jones developed metabolic programs that factor in your specific weight-loss needs based on your family history, medical lab results, personal goals and your lifestyle.
His mission was to help individuals become healthier and lose weight by maintaining a minimum loss of 10% of their body weight. His approach was to treat each patient with compassion and encouragement in pursuing these challenging goals.
Full of charisma, Dr. Jones had a knack for being able to help patients who felt that weight loss and diabetes management was hopeless. He also felt that the time had come for middle America to be able to afford a weight loss system accessible and supervised through licensed medical doctors. The development of “Business Best Practices” created a balance in medical protocols within a non-insurance, preventative health model. He further established a positive, supportive working environment that has resulted in many colleagues who have been with the company for years.
Dr. Douglas J. Jones, Jr., M.D.
Our Mission Values and Beliefs
Our Mission is to guide, motivate, and educate to lasting weight loss and a happier and healthier lifestyle.
We value confidence, empathy, professionalism, leadership, innovation, compassion, and excellence
Our Beliefs Are:
- The patients’ needs come first above all else.
- We create, to the best of our abilities, the optimum motivational environment for our patients.
- We believe in never ending education and improvement.
- In order to best serve the patients’ needs, we combine the point of view of the medical model (obesity is a disease and is treated as such) with the point of view of a lifestyle management coach, which is more outcome and goal oriented.
- We believe in the highest standards resulting in an excellent patient experience and program to help you achieve your goals.
Our Service Promise
- We learn your particular lifestyle, needs, and wants to best shape the program for you and your goals.
- We care for you and your health in a kind and professional manner.
- We empathize with the way you feel as many of us faced the same challenges and have done and still do this program ourselves.
- We provide the best treatment possible by being leaders and innovators in the field.
- We make weight loss a positive experience by building helpful and personal relationships with our patients.
- We help you feel confident that you have the power to change your body and to live the healthier, happier lifestyle you choose